A motor vehicle accident caused by another driver can change your life forever in a matter of seconds. Your life can suddenly turn into focusing on recovering from your serious injuries and returning to your normal routine. This may feel impossible if you are off work for months or longer recovering from your injuries and are also grappling with how to pay expensive medical bills and your monthly expenses when you have no wages coming in.
If you are like most people, you may have never been in a serious accident before or had the need to pursue a claim for compensation. It can be extremely discouraging to discover that the negligent driver’s insurance company fights you tooth and nail to deny or reduce your settlement amount when you file a claim to obtain the compensation you need. The dedicated legal team at Greenspun Shapiro PC can answer the questions you have and take the steps necessary so that you obtain the justice you deserve.
Common Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents That Greenspun Shapiro PC Can Help With
If you or a family member was injured in a traffic crash, you need to obtain the full value of your claim. You will need the assistance of an experienced attorney who handles all types of motor vehicle accidents to fight with the negligent driver’s insurance company to obtain a fair settlement for you. At Greenspun Shapiro PC, our attorneys have over 80 years of combined experiencing handling these types of motor vehicle accidents:
- Car accidents. You could suffer serious injuries if you are involved in a rear-end, side-impact, or head-on accident caused by a negligent driver.
- Truck accidents. When a negligent truck driver is involved in your wreck, you may be able to hold his trucking company responsible if his negligence contributed to your crash or if the company violated one of the many federal regulations governing truck drivers and trucking companies.
- Motorcycle accidents. These crashes often occur on our Virginia roads and highways when negligent drivers of motor vehicles and trucks fail to see a much smaller motorcycle.
- Bicycle accidents. When truck and automobile drivers fail to watch for bicyclists or to share the road with them in a responsible manner—as required by Virginia law—a bicyclist can suffer catastrophic injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents. If a driver is drowsy, talking on a cell phone, texting, or engaging in other unsafe driving practices, he can easily miss seeing a pedestrian who has the right of way—with disastrous consequences for the pedestrian.
Why Do Truck and Motor Vehicle Drivers Cause Deadly Motor Vehicle Crashes?
Truck and auto drivers cause crashes for many reasons, with driver error being the common theme in a majority of these wrecks. Some of the common ways that a driver’s negligence could have caused your crash include:
- Distracted driving. While texting and talking on a cell phone are probably the most common types of distracted driving, eating and drinking, talking with passengers, and fiddling with the instrument controls or GPS are also ways that motorists cause deadly crashes.
- Drowsy driving. A recent study found that driving after getting less than seven hours of sleep—common in our stressful, fast-paced world—can be as dangerous as drunk driving.
- Drunk driving. When a driver is intoxicated from alcohol or drug use, his reaction times and general driving skills are seriously impaired. Victims of these tragic accidents can suffer devastating injuries or die.
- Aggressive driving and road rage. Unfortunately, aggressive driving is becoming more common and can lead to dangerous road rage where an angry driver uses his vehicle as a weapon or commits a crime, such as shooting another motorist.
What Are Some of the Injuries People Suffer in Traffic Accidents?
Any accident—even a minor rear-end collision where the vehicles are traveling at a slow speed—can result in suffering chronic pain and limitations in your ability to work and engage in your day-to-day activities. You could suffer even more devastating injuries in a truck accident due to the massive size of the truck or in a motorcycle, bicycle, or pedestrian accident where there is virtually no protection between your body and the vehicle crashing into you. Common injuries victims suffer include:
- Head injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries, concussions, and cerebral hemorrhages
- Spinal injuries and paralysis
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
How Our Fairfax Attorneys Can Provide You With the Experience and Guidance You Need to Obtain the Compensation You Deserve
If a family member or you were injured in a traffic accident in Virginia, you could be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our skilled auto accident lawyers can explain your legal options to you and Virginia’s negligence laws that apply to your situation. We can also advise you on the steps you should take—and not take—to ensure that you receive the financial recovery you deserve. In addition, we understand the tactics insurance companies employ to deny or reduce victims’ claims and have strategies to defeat them.
Let the legal team at Greenspun Shapiro PC take the burden of building your case and negotiating with the insurance company off your shoulders. Our innovative and aggressive representation—no matter how complex your case is—can help you receive the compensation you need and deserve to get back on your feet. Call our Fairfax law office today at (703) 352-0100 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.