The Fairfax Law Foundation is the charitable arm of the Fairfax Bar Association. The goals of the Fairfax Law Foundation include improving the public’s understanding of the justice system through education, providing greater access to the justice system through community outreach and pro bono programs, and assisting in the maintenance and improvement of the Fairfax Public Law Library.
- Run for Justice 5K – Of Counsel Level (2010 – 2015)
- Fellows Program – Supporting Fellow (2012)
- Law Day Weiner Roast – Senator Sponsor (2012-2015)
- Jazz 4 Justice – Boogie Woogie Sponsor (2012-2015)
Greenspun Shapiro’s Office Manager, Liza Yang, serves as the Secretary of the Board for this important Organization. NAMI Northern Virginia brings help and hope to those affected by mental health conditions through support, education, and advocacy.
- NAMI Northern Virginia WALK (2012-2015)
Supportive of Adaptive Athletes
- Crossroads Adaptive Athletic Alliance – Crossroads Adaptive Athletic Alliance is a community that provides tips and best practices to adaptive athletes and their coaches. Their mission is to reintegrate permanently injured athletes into the sporting community and the local community. The Working Wounded Games is an annual functional fitness competition for the adaptive athlete community.
- Working Wounded Games Sponsor (2014)
- Jason Sturm – Greenspun Shapiro is proud to sponsor adaptive athlete and wounded warrior Jason Sturm as he travels to Austria and Switzerland to compete in Bobsled World Cup events. These preliminary races could help Jason earn a spot on the future U.S. Paralympic Bobsled Team!
The Fairfax Bar Association is a professional organization or more than 2,000 attorneys working in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.
- Annual Bench Bar Dinner Dance Sponsorship (2012-2015)
- Annual Bench-Bar Dinner in Celebration of Women & Minorities in the Legal Profession –
Gold Sponsor (2012)