The Fairfax Law Foundation is the charitable arm of the Fairfax Bar Association. The goals of the Fairfax Law Foundation include improving the public’s understanding of the justice system through education, providing greater access to the justice system through community outreach and pro bono programs, and assisting in the maintenance and improvement of the Fairfax Public Law Library.
- Run for Justice 5K – Of Counsel Level (2010-present)
- Fellows Program – Supporting Fellow (2012)
- Law Day Weiner Roast – Senator Sponsor (2012-present)
- Jazz 4 Justice – Boogie Woogie Sponsor (2012-present)
Greenspun Shapiro’s Office Manager, Liza Yang, is a volunteer and previous Secretary of the Board for this important Organization. NAMI Northern Virginia brings help and hope to those affected by mental health conditions through support, education, and advocacy.
- NAMI Northern Virginia WALK (2012-present)
Supportive of Adaptive Athletes
- Crossroads Adaptive Athletic Alliance – Crossroads Adaptive Athletic Alliance is a community that provides tips and best practices to adaptive athletes and their coaches. Their mission is to reintegrate permanently injured athletes into the sporting community and the local community. The Working Wounded Games is an annual functional fitness competition for the adaptive athlete community.
- Working Wounded Games Sponsor (2014)
- Jason Sturm – Greenspun Shapiro is proud to sponsor adaptive athlete and wounded warrior Jason Sturm as he travels to Austria and Switzerland to compete in Bobsled World Cup events. These preliminary races could help Jason earn a spot on the future U.S. Paralympic Bobsled Team!
LSNV is a legal aid organization offering help to thousands of clients throughout Northern Virginia each year. We've partnered with Legal Services of Northern Virginia to provide much needed legal assistance to low-income and needy populations.
- Greenspun Shapiro recognized for accepting the most referrals in a year (Nov 2017)
- Anastasia T. Kranias recognized in the Fairfax Attorney of The Day Program (Oct 26, 2017)
- 2017 Gala Sponsors
The Fairfax Bar Association is a professional organization or more than 2,000 attorneys working in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.
- Annual Bench Bar Dinner Dance Sponsorship (2012-present)
- Annual Bench-Bar Dinner in Celebration of Women & Minorities in the Legal Profession –
Gold Sponsor (2012)
Jonathan Shapiro of Greenspun Shapiro PC, now a Visiting Professor at Washington and Lee University Law School which supports this work as well, has recently teamed up with CAIR Coalition to develop its Virginia post-conviction relief practice. Under Padilla v. Kentucky, 130 S.Ct. 1473 (2010) and Zemene v. Clarke, 289 Va. 303 (2015), immigrants have the ability to vacate a conviction that is triggering their deportation when their criminal defense attorney in the case failed to advise them of the immigration consequences of their offense. However, in Virginia there is no pro bono resource available to bring forward these claims. In 2017, Mr. Shapiro co-counseled with CAIR Coalition in two post-conviction relief cases, helping CAIR Coalition build its experience and paving the way for increased cases in this novel area.
21st Annual Judicial & Legislative Reception
On May 23, 2018, Peter D. Greenspun and staff attended the 21st Annual Judicial & Legislative Reception hosted by Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University. Numerous judges and lawyers from the Northern Virginia area and the GMU alumni family gathered together to celebrate the achievements of Judge Rossi, Delegate Herring, and Mr. Fowler for their achievements in the judiciary, legislature, and for pro bono legal services, respectively. The awards recipients can be viewed here. All of us at Greenspun Shapiro PC applaud the work each of these individuals has done in their respective fields.